Overlays

Development related discussion.
Jack
Advanced Member

Overlays

Post by Jack » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:40 am

One of my favorite features of Traq 3.0 is the overlay system.

Overlays will be used for a few different things, such as viewing attached images.

However, the thing using the overlays the most are the forms in the AdminCP and Project Settings pages.

Here is an example of a Form Overlay:

Any link can be turned into an overlay enabled link simply by using the "data-overlay=1" attribute, this will tell Traq when that link is clicked, put the contents of the URL in the links "href" attribute into the overlay and show it.

You may be wondering how one goes about making an overlay enabled page, it's pretty easy actually.

All overlay enabled links add "?overlay=true" to the requested URL, Traq checks for this and attempts to load "{yourview}.overlay.php" by default, so you don't need to check for it yourself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jack on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

arturo182
Advanced Member

Re: Overlays

Post by arturo182 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:58 am

I think all the overlays should have a "Cancel" button. The button should close the overlay just like clicking on the background does.
Last edited by arturo182 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jack
Advanced Member

Re: Overlays

Post by Jack » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:26 am

[quote='arturo182' pid='630' dateline='1327604292']

I think all the overlays should have a "Cancel" button. The button should close the overlay just like clicking on the background does.

[/quote]

Indeed. Been thinking about it and will be adding it next.