[3.2] Ticket tasks

Development related discussion.
Jack
Advanced Member

[3.2] Ticket tasks

Post by Jack » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:46 pm

Ticket tasks, a feature that should have been in 3.0 or 3.1, is one of the top features for Traq 3.2.

Think of tasks as a "checklist" of things to do for the ticket, such as adding an API endpoint, creating the timeline events, adding translation strings, and so on.

The reason it wasn't included earlier is because I wasn't sure how I wanted to implement it.

But after some thinking I decided how, and then during it's development I changed my mind a few times, anyone watching the commit logs will notice that.

The way it works is, there's a little button in the ticket properties area, once clicked it launches an overlay to add, edit or delete tasks.

Behind the scenes magic happens, the tasks array is decoded from JSON and looped over to add the field to the overlay, and when the 'Done' button is clicked, they are encoded back into JSON.

Ajax is used, but only to fetched the form bit HTML (view), hardcoding HTML is just plain bad.

Now, you could click the manage button and tick the checkbox to complete the task, but there is a better way.

The tasks are displayed below the ticket description, and if the user has permission, there will be checkboxes next to the tasks.

When one of these checkboxes are clicked, an Ajax request is sent off telling Traq to mark that task as completed, or uncompleted if you're clicking a checked box.

arturo182
Advanced Member

Re: [3.2] Ticket tasks

Post by arturo182 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:17 am

It's one of those things you don't know you want until you hear about them. Sounds great.

Maybe a little video demo?
Traq, yo!

Jack
Advanced Member

Re: [3.2] Ticket tasks

Post by Jack » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:07 pm

Now that the "clicking tasks to complete them" is done, here is a preview/demo.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGQ0GU-mEWk[/video]