Need better permission management

Development related discussion.
tomash

Need better permission management

Post by tomash » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:06 pm

First of all, you made nice piece of work rewriting Redmine. This is actually the reason, I gave your software a try (because I cannot use Redmine due to some technical constraints).

Nevertheless I found a problem, that forced me to keep looking for other Redmine alternative.

The problem is in permission management system. I want to be able to set permissions `per page' in the project views, e.g. I would like to let guest users to see the project information page and wiki pages. On the other hand if the ordinary user logs in, I'd like to give him/her access additionally to the issues/tickets page (to see current and create new tickets). Other features, such as Timeline, Roadmap, Changelog should remain inaccessible. Unfortunately it seems to be not possible, as of version 3.2.1.

Moreover, I've tracked a bug! When I set 'Allow Registration' to 'No' in Admin Control Panel, unregistered users are still able to register and then log in the system! (v 3.2.1).

Jack
Advanced Member

Re: Need better permission management

Post by Jack » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:05 am

I'm going to be simplifying the permission system in 4.0, which may or may not be far off.

I'm currently trying to lay out a plan for future development to try and speed things up. The last major release of the 3.x series will be 3.3, I will then start on 4.0 which will include many of the things planned for 3.4 and 3.5.