Post-Install Error: He's dead, Jim! The requested page '/username/traq/register' couldn't be found.

Support for Traq 3.x
shazbell

Re: Post-Install Error: He's dead, Jim! The requested page '/username/traq/register' couldn't be found.

Post by shazbell » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:07 am

Hello All, 
I just installed Traq and ran into the same issue. What worked for me was to copy all contents of the "upgrade" folder to the application root. I'm using WAMP on Windows. So, I pasted contents of upgrade directory into the www folder.

Hope this helps!

jeronimo

Re: Post-Install Error: He's dead, Jim! The requested page '/username/traq/register' couldn't be found.

Post by jeronimo » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:34 am

@shazbell

Thanks for the input.  I'm not seeing an "upgrade folder" in Traq's directory tree.  This is the 3.4 branch of Traq on github.

https://github.com/nirix/traq/tree/3.4

I'm at a lose at this point.  If anyone had to modify their .htaccess file to get Traq to play nice, can you post it here?
Cheers!
Last edited by jeronimo on Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

shazbell

Post by shazbell » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:25 am

My bad.. I meant the "upload" folder. Here is what I have in the .htaccess file
<div>Options -Indexes</div>
<div>Options +FollowSymLinks</div>
<div>ErrorDocument 404 /index.php</div>
<div>DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm</div>
<div><IfModule mod_rewrite.c></div>
<div>  RewriteEngine on</div>
<div>  RewriteBase "/"</div>
<div>  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f</div>
<div>  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d</div>
<div>  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !=/favicon.ico</div>
<div>  RewriteRule ^ index.php [L]</div>
<div></IfModule></div>

jeronimo

Post by jeronimo » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:10 am

Now we're talkin',  I have an "upload" directory.  I'll give that a try.  Thanks for posting your .htaccess file, that could come in handy.

jeronimo

Post by jeronimo » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:05 am

I've confirmed that I had all contents of "upload" in the application root.  Traq installation directions in INSTALL.txt say

Code: Select all

Installing Traq
===============
Installing Traq is quite easy, upload the contents of the `upload` directory
to where you want Traq to be run from on your server.
So, I think shazbell's suggestion and INSTALL.txt are the same. 

At this point I'm going to set my Traq installation aside and perhaps try again some time in the future.
Thanks everyone for the help! 

JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:25 am

I've been trying to get Traq up and running for the last couple of hours and this message has been pretty stubbornly standing in my way! I have completed the following procedure, which has resulted in my now seeing "He's dead, Jim! The requested page '/traq/login' couldn't be found." whenever I click on login or register links at the top right of the page or whenever I attempt to login from any of the /admin pages (note that the admin pages show a login form).

1. Uploaded the contents of the upload/ folder from the Traq zip to a sub-directory in a new subdomain on our site (bugs.sitename.com/traq/).
2. Went through the install/ process and hooked Traq to our MySQL database.
3. Renamed htaccess.txt to .htaccess.
4. Turned on mod_rewrite - which is definitely working now (before it was going to the plain old 404 error, now it goes to Traq's "He's dead, Jim!" error page.
5. AllowOverride All is enabled under the document directory in the virtual host directive.

Server is an Apache 2 server running PHP 5.3.3. Server is running multiple sites which use MySQL and mod_rewrite successfully.