CKeditor with Trac PHP

Anything related to Traq.
cornbread

CKeditor with Trac PHP

Post by cornbread » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:48 pm

Hi,

After spending several days of frustration with trying to get my system configured for Trac, I've given up. It's one error or dependancy after the next.

Does Trac PHP offer true rich text editing (as opposed to the standard Wiki style code)? This is a must have as end users need a familiar interface.

Btw - I tried to access your demo, but there is a MySQL error that prevents it from loading.
Last edited by cornbread on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack
Advanced Member

Re: CKeditor with Trac PHP

Post by Jack » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:28 am

There's a BBCode plugin with an interface.

But for Traq 3.0, it ships with a built in markdown editor.

cornbread

Post by cornbread » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:09 pm

Yeah, I read the thread http://forum.traq.io/showthread.php?tid=36&page=4

It looked like a user continued to have issues and they seem to have dropped off without a resolution.

Is there a search plugin, or am I missing it somewhere in the gui: http://bugs.traq.io/traq/tickets
Last edited by cornbread on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cornbread

Post by cornbread » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:14 am

[quote='Jack' pid='975' dateline='1349702906']

There's a BBCode plugin with an interface.

But for Traq 3.0, it ships with a built in markdown editor.

[/quote]

Now that I have my 3.0 installation working, I've noticed that the markdown editor still shows the actual markup. This wouldn't bother me as I'm used to working with this stuff, but my end users have already stated a request to have a WYSIWYG editor. They are spoiled with Rich-text HTML editors like CkEditor, which is used extensively in my applicaitons.

CkEditorPlugin for TraC works pretty good with the Wiki style markup:

Are there plans to move from Markdown to standard HTML (which would hopefully allow an standard WYSIWYG editor like CkEditor to be used)?

I've gone through a bunch of work to get this system going, and would potentially like to help with some development. The lack of a WYSIWYG editor is going to make this a hard sell to users that just want to type and go. I finally have Trac .12 installed and working (with the CkEditor plugin above), however I'd strongly prefer using something PHP/MySQL based.

Thanks for your team's hard work. TraQ looks great. Look forward to your response.
Last edited by cornbread on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.