Click here to lend your support to: Traq and make a donation at pledgie.com !
Photo

How to search Tickets?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 creek23

creek23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:38 AM

Is there a user-friendly way of searching Tickets?!? How can someone who know if a bug-report already exists. How can he/she know that the steps of fixing the bug is there somewhere in the lists of Tickets?

From this link (http://traq.traqproj.../traq/ticket-29), it seems that Search feature is not present and Traq developer is not planning to implement it any time soon.

I know PHP and I think I could implement this on my own but I am also relatively new to Traq -- I still have to familiarize myself with the file structure and Traq's core-framework.

I really believe that a "Search" feature should be a basic functionality of any bug-tracking tool. Please have this implemented. Thank you.
You can disagree with me if you want, but you would be wrong.

#2 Jack

Jack

Project Founder

• Administrators
  • 673 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:06 PM

I've been meaning to add a filter that will allow people to filter out tickets that match a specified word in the title and/or body. I will add a filter that does this to Traq 2.2.

#3 creek23

creek23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:19 PM

That's great news. Hope to have 2.2 the soonest. (I was just trying to implement it on 2.1 -- still working my way through the source codes but I'm almost there.)

It would also be helpful if Search is also implemented on Wikis. Also for Repository Browser, which I haven't figured how to install/use.

#4 creek23

creek23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:25 PM

Finished implementing Search on 2.1's Tickets (still to try to implement it on Wiki) -- will try to upload the changes later this day.

#5 creek23

creek23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:48 AM

I haven't implemented the searching on Wiki yet -- might have some free time tomorrow. Until then Ticket-searching is all I could provide.

Unofficial release of Traq 2.1.2 is located here: http://konsolscript....mjmendoza/traq/

#6 cornbread

cornbread

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

Thanks for this. The lack of a search box was the first thing I noticed when comparing Traq to Trac. For public ticket systems I suppose you could google site:mytracsite, but for private installs a search box is a must.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users