Click here to lend your support to: Traq and make a donation at pledgie.com !
Photo

installation problem with traq 2.2. Missing resources

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wraith

wraith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:37 AM

So I have just finished my second installation of Traq 2.2. I figured I would try it a second time to attempt to resolve errors.

the installation goes fine, no errors and says it has completed properly. I can navigate to the adminCP login and login using my administrator account no problems.

I can then move around create users etc. So far so good. However, when I try and go to some pages I am getting errors.

Examples:

When I navigate to the index page (new browser, fresh session) and click the login link I get:
/user/login was not found on this server

In my browser where I was logged in to the adminCP if I attempt to logout:
/user/logout was not found on this server.

In my browser where I was logged in to the adminCP if I attempt to view UserCP:
/user/usercp was not found on this server.

I thought perhaps there had been a permissions issue during the install which is why I tried a second install... This time before running the install script I set permissions +rw for all files and dirs for all users 777 and 666 respectively.

When I go look in the file system apache is correct and these resources simply do not exist.

Is there some install step I am missing? Or is the install for 2.2 simply broken and I need to manually copy some resources?

• HoracePam likes this

#2 Jack

Jack

Project Founder

• Administrators
  • 673 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:51 AM

Nothing is broken, probably an oversight on my end where I forgot to place an option to select whether or not to include 'index.php' in the URL.

Does your Apache setup support mod_rewrite and is the '.htaccess' file in the same directory as Traq's 'index.php' file?

The reason the server is saying the pages don't exist is, Traq uses SEO friendly URL's on the front end which requires all non-existing files to be routed to the 'index.php' file, which generally required the apache mod_rewrite module, or a little magic with the nginx server config.

#3 wraith

wraith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:11 PM

Jack,

Thanks for the quick response. I dont believe I have a .htaccess file in the same directory as traq (unless you bundled it in the zip). I will have to look into mod_rewrite.

#4 Jack

Jack

Project Founder

• Administrators
  • 673 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:40 PM

Yes, it's in the zip file, maybe your OS is hiding files that start with a ".", if that's the case you may need to find a way to make it show them or you could just copy/paste the code below into a ".htaccess" file.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -s [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]

#5 wraith

wraith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:39 PM

Jack,

Thanks :-) For some reason the .htaccess file was missing. After enabling rewrite_mod in apache and adding the htaccess file its working perfectly.

Thanks dude, I appreciate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users