Click here to lend your support to: Traq and make a donation at pledgie.com !
Photo

[3.2] Ticket tasks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jack

Jack

Project Founder

• Administrators
  • 673 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

Ticket tasks, a feature that should have been in 3.0 or 3.1, is one of the top features for Traq 3.2.

Think of tasks as a "checklist" of things to do for the ticket, such as adding an API endpoint, creating the timeline events, adding translation strings, and so on.

The reason it wasn't included earlier is because I wasn't sure how I wanted to implement it.

But after some thinking I decided how, and then during it's development I changed my mind a few times, anyone watching the commit logs will notice that.

The way it works is, there's a little button in the ticket properties area, once clicked it launches an overlay to add, edit or delete tasks.

Behind the scenes magic happens, the tasks array is decoded from JSON and looped over to add the field to the overlay, and when the 'Done' button is clicked, they are encoded back into JSON.

Ajax is used, but only to fetched the form bit HTML (view), hardcoding HTML is just plain bad.

Now, you could click the manage button and tick the checkbox to complete the task, but there is a better way.

The tasks are displayed below the ticket description, and if the user has permission, there will be checkboxes next to the tasks.

When one of these checkboxes are clicked, an Ajax request is sent off telling Traq to mark that task as completed, or uncompleted if you're clicking a checked box.

#2 arturo182

arturo182

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

It's one of those things you don't know you want until you hear about them. Sounds great.

Maybe a little video demo?
Traq, yo!

#3 Jack

Jack

Project Founder

• Administrators
  • 673 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

Now that the "clicking tasks to complete them" is done, here is a preview/demo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users