Click here to lend your support to: Traq and make a donation at pledgie.com !
Photo

Development Plan

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jack

Jack

Project Founder

• Administrators
  • 673 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

I don't want to spend too long developing Traq 4.0 while only releasing patches for Traq 3.x, so I've started working on a release plan.

Enhancements from 4.0 will work their way into Traq 3.x starting with Traq 3.4, that way the only major things that need to be done for Traq 4.0 will be related to the framework.

#2 Jack

Jack

Project Founder

• Administrators
  • 673 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

I've started bringing some of the changes from the 4.0 framework, Radium, into Avalon.

More changes will be merged in with every 3.x release and should hopefully have little impact on plugins, though some changes may be required.

Changes so far:

• Kernel and Controller changes merged.
    - The "_view", "_before" and "_after" variables no longer begin with an underscore.
    - The "$output" variable in layouts has been renamed to "$content".

#3 fadattf

fadattf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:19 PM

What will be the timeframe for the 4.x branch, when do you expect the first release?

Because I want to develop some things and I ask if I should do it right now or wait.

#4 Jack

Jack

Project Founder

• Administrators
  • 673 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:27 AM

The first alpha release is not too far off, I just need to get the basics of creating, editing and updating things working, then I can do the first alpha.

Just to let people know, the first alpha will be very limited and broken, as in, no new features or enhancements and tickets/issues will be very broken.

And if you come across any areas where you need a plugin hook, simply post them to the plugin hooks ticket.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users