Click here to lend your support to: Traq and make a donation at pledgie.com !
Photo

Traq 4.0 testing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jack

Jack

Project Founder

• Administrators
  • 673 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:27 PM

With the framework that Traq 4.0 uses now at a stage that I'm happy with, Traq 4.0 will be soon be hitting the beta stage.

But before any beta releases I'd like to do some alpha testing, anyone willing to help find any issues is welcome to do so. I will soon be releasing some alpha archives.

But until then to test Traq 4.0, checkout the master branch and install the dependencies.

You will need:

• Git
  • Composer
  • Node
  • Gulp
git clone https://github.com/nirix/traq.git
cd traq
composer install
cd dev
npm install
gulp compile
cd ..

(Note: some commands may be different on Windows)

Then direct your browser to the path you've cloned Traq to and run the installer and play around with it and report any issues you find in a reply to this topic.

#2 visualsol

visualsol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:28 PM

I tried and ran into a bit of trouble.  I did use "issues" as folder name instead of "traq" but I don't think that matters.

First, no bower.json:

C:\xampp\htdocs\issues>bower install
bower                           ENOENT No bower.json present

C:\xampp\htdocs\issues>git clone https://github.com/traq/dev_tools.gitdev
fatal: destination path 'dev' already exists and is not an empty directory.

C:\xampp\htdocs\issues>cd dev

C:\xampp\htdocs\issues\dev>bower install
bower                           ENOENT No bower.json present

Then, some strange message despite being in command prompt as administrator:

npm ERR! Windows_NT 10.0.10586                                                                                          npm ERR! argv "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe" "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js" "install"                                                                                                                   npm ERR! node v4.2.4                                                                                                    npm ERR! npm  v2.14.12                                                                                                  npm ERR! path C:\Users\bobl\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\time-stamp\1.0.0\package\package.json.a20a99b2b084f1271bb0d4de259ae49b                                                                                                                    npm ERR! code EPERM                                                                                                     npm ERR! errno -4048                                                                                                    npm ERR! syscall rename                                                                                                                                                                                                                         npm ERR! Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, rename 'C:\Users\bobl\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\time-stamp\1.0.0\package\package.json.a20a99b2b084f1271bb0d4de259ae49b' -> 'C:\Users\bobl\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\time-stamp\1.0.0\package\package.json'                                                                                                              npm ERR!     at Error (native)                                                                                          npm ERR!  { [Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, rename 'C:\Users\bobl\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\time-stamp\1.0.0\package\package.json.a20a99b2b084f1271bb0d4de259ae49b' -> 'C:\Users\bobl\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\time-stamp\1.0.0\package\package.json']                                                                                                         npm ERR!   errno: -4048,                                                                                                npm ERR!   code: 'EPERM',                                                                                               npm ERR!   syscall: 'rename',                                                                                           npm ERR!   path: 'C:\\Users\\bobl\\AppData\\Roaming\\npm-cache\\time-stamp\\1.0.0\\package\\package.json.a20a99b2b084f1271bb0d4de259ae49b',                                                                                                     npm ERR!   dest: 'C:\\Users\\bobl\\AppData\\Roaming\\npm-cache\\time-stamp\\1.0.0\\package\\package.json',              npm ERR!   parent: 'fancy-log' }                                                                                        npm ERR!                                                                                                                npm ERR! Please try running this command again as root/Administrator.                                                                                                                                                                           npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:                                                    npm ERR!     C:\xampp\htdocs\issues\dev\npm-debug.log    

And gulp js did not work....

Thanks for your efforts!
Bob

#3 visualsol

visualsol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:33 PM

I did try "gulp compile" which worked.

But just see 

License Agreement

in the browser nothing else...

#4 Jack

Jack

Project Founder

• Administrators
  • 673 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:17 AM

Whoops, I forgot to update the instructions in this topic. I've simplified the process a bit and less commands are required.

I've updated the instructions above to the new ones.

Sorry about that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users